Monday, March 8, 2010

Wet sloppy days


Spring has definitely come early this year. The melt is on, puddles are forming, and here at Wintergreen we continue to push on. Sure the dogs get tired, ski's stick to the wet slush, and participants get worked pushing to help the dogs, but it still rocks.

I found myself doing a lot of daydreaming today while skiing. I think that is part of the reason behind me loving this so much. I can be a dreamer most of the day. Now when I translate these dreams to reality....you better look up to the top, because I'm sure that is where I'll be chillin'. This whole idea I have for a non-profit Outdoor Ed/Community Garden program I've been cooking up has some serious potential. This dude might actually make a difference one day on a bigger level. We'll see, along with my dreams to be an epic Tele Skier, kayaker, rock climber, disc golfer, part time shitty musician, author, lover, uncle, brother, son, friend, do it yourselfer, liver of frugality, and just an all around bad ass MF, I have some serious hills to climb.

Anyway, just some thoughts I had on trail today. Still liking the pirates around here, they seem to speak a language I understand, and seem to be bad ass MF's themselves.

Heading back into the BWCA tomorrow for a good ride, am looking to spot a wolf, though with the dogs and stuff, its a fat chance. Though I did see 2 owls tonight, and almost ran over a dog. So exciting stuff even after work. Drank some scotch whiskey which burned my tonsils like a firecracker in my mouth, and pondered life and listened to good stories from the Wintergreen crew. Just another good day for a good dude.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment