Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Here we go...


Cruised up early AM. I love when I get to Hwy 169 shooting north towards Tower and Ely. It just feels good, and I know it stems from those awesome childhood retreats to "the cabin" or Bear Head, or Mud Creek Road. Now its to Ely, where new adventures await.

Ely is a sweet little town with a good vibe. Dog races are this weekend up here, and dogsledding is the buzz right now. Good time to be here.

Heading out on a lodge to lodge trip tomorrow and anxious to see how my ski legs are doing. Probably lost or left at home, but it all starts at 8 AM regardless. Guiding dogsled trips here consists of (and this is not a complaint) skiing your ass off all day alongside, in front of, or behind the dogsleds with participants, while also avoiding piles of steamy pleasure the dogs leave on the trail. I just hope I start better than last year when I nearly keeled over trying to chase that sled in front of me all day. It was like the dogs knew I was catching up and kept speeding up to screw with the new guy. At the end of the day, I lost my balance because I was trying to run in my ski's and I fell shoulder first into a frozen tundra of turds. No matter, I am excited to do it again.

It's feels right to be here.

Today was a good day, tomorrow will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment