Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fog for an early morning start


Today I rolled down towards Farm Lake and looked out...wicked sites were all around. A lot of the snow melted yesterday leaving puddles of water scattered across the lake. The clouds rolled in, then the Fog, and the view was quite mysterious looking.

Unfortunately for many players involved, we still ran. I found myself streaking through ankle deep water on my ski's moving across the lake while the dogs pulled their best trying to keep cool. We zipped through the Highland Trail into Pickeral Lake, then the portage trail over to the Kawishiwi River. The puddles continued to be where ever we were. Trails in the woods were not so bad, though lacked a good amount of snow, but also lacked standing water. Never skied like this before, and was surely an experience. Ended the day early to give the dogs a break, but not before a nice lunch tucked in the woods with pizza and soup. We all swapped stories, encouraged the dogs, and headed back to Timber Trail Lodge. Another great crew on this trip and I enjoyed their company.

The next few days I am on call I guess I would say, and am supporting other crews where I can. Maybe some laundry and a trip to Virginia for supplies is in the mix...and a big dose of homework.

This dude is still smiling as I'm sure you would guess. Love you all!

Sir Maximus Pittackleton

No comments:

Post a Comment