Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rain, rain, and more rain...really?

Let me start out by stating the obvious. Rain and dogsledding do not mix. This is exactly what is happening here. Right now Wintergreen has 3 camping trips out in the field, somehow, someway, they are sledging through the watery slushy mess out there. To my delight, I am on support (basically making sure dogs are good here for day trips, lunches are ready, etc...). Not only is this giving me time to do homework (which I must say is hard to do up here, and I feel like I'm slipping a bit there), but also gives my battered hip and back a needed break. I think I tweaked my hip skiing and slept on my back wrong...nothing a bit of ibuprofen won't cure.

Today I am dedicated to working on at least 2 of my papers in between the daily to do lists around here. So not much action yesterday or today.

Today our awesome Chef has the day off, so the clients out on trips coming to the lodge for lunch and dinner get served by me. Peanut butter sandwiches, granola, and tea is on the menu for lunch, with frozen pizza and beer for dinner. Wonder if they notice the difference from the gourmet meals they get from Bernard the Chef? If they're lucky, the pizza will come out just right rather than burned to a crisp.

That's all today....time to kick my ass and motivate myself for this homework stuff.

Pittackleton

No comments:

Post a Comment