Saturday, March 6, 2010

This is the stuff


This is the stuff huh? Yeah it is. An awesome day on trail today. Though it got a little warm and sloppy in the snow, it was just a fun day.

We cruised mostly on trails today with the terrain being pretty rugged, especially with the exposed rocks and tree roots from the snow melt. A lot of hills, up and down, which I wiped out several times going out of control downhill on x-country ski's. I even tried taking a jump again, this time there was exposed ground which immediately stops you in your tracks, which made for a very ungraceful entry to the lake where most of the participants were watching me and asking me if I was okay. Of course I jumped up and confirmed I couldn't be happier!

We stopped for a nice lunch along the Kawishiwi River which is surrounded by tall White Pines and the classic northern Minnesotan look of giant boulders protruding along the shore. Enjoyed some pizza made by this guy on the trail, hot soup, and candy. I even got to bust out my flint and steel and made the fire without a match. It's always a crowd pleaser for folks out in the woods.

Made it back to the room early tonight and I might even get some homework done! Hope you are all doing well...life is good up north. I am glad I've chosen to go in the direction I have with life. Sure I've screwed up several times and been quick to jump ship to another, but this time they might be my kind of pirates.

Love you all!

Sir Maximus Pittackleton

1 comment:

  1. Ayeee matey....but you're a goot boy. And not a bad writer neither. Enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete